At the Watergate, we are committed to becoming a fully accessible venue and are constantly working to make our venue accessible and welcoming to all.
Please let us know, when booking, if you have any special requirements and we will do our very best to facilitate/assist you.
There is level access to the theatre, auditorium and to toilet facilities.
The Watergate Theatre has a number of allocated wheelchair spaces situated in the main auditorium. These spaces can be booked online or if you would prefer to discuss your options, our Box Office team will be more than happy to help. Contact us by phone on 056-7761674 or call into the box office during box office hours, Wednesday – Saturday from 2 – 6pm. Alternatively you can email email@example.com.
There is limited access to the exhibition space upstairs. Access to upstairs is via stairs only.
Wheelchair patrons and carers can avail of reduced ticket prices where concession prices are available.
There is ramp access from Parliament Street to the main door of the theatre.
All registered assistance dogs are welcome. Please inform the theatre at the time of booking to ensure we seat you in the best possible place.
Concession / Companion / Carer Tickets
Where applicable we offer concession prices to senior citizens, unwaged, children and students. Carer tickets may also be available on certain performances to aid a customer with a disability who would be unable to visit the theatre without the support of another person.
The availability of these tickets is at the discretion of each individual show promoter.
The Watergate may need to see documentation which confirms the visitor is unable to visit the theatre independently without the aid of a carer.
Please contact our Box Office on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Hearing Loop System
The Watergate Theatre has a hearing loop system. We recommend if you require this facility to contact the theatre ahead of your visit to ensure it will be active ahead of your arrival.
Baby Changing Facilities
Baby changing facilities are situated in the accessible toilet which is located to the left of the auditorium doors.
We are continuously working towards making the Watergate accessible for all and so we are very excited to announce that we will have our first ever Relaxed Performance for Aladdin on Sunday 7th January at 6.30pm!
What is a Relaxed Performance?
Everyone is welcome to attend the Relaxed Panto Performance but the performance is specifically designed to welcome people who will benefit from a more relaxed performance environment.
We have taken a number of steps to adapt the theatre environment to make the theatre experience more accessible for everyone. These include:
- We will open doors 45 minutes prior to the performance start time for audience members who would like to become familiar with their surroundings before the performance starts.
- Our Technical team adjust the sound and lighting to reduce sensory stimuli to ensure the performance is comfortable for all.
- Strobe and flash lighting will be removed.
- Loud/unexpected sound effects will be removed from the performance.
- House lights will remain on at a lower level throughout the performance.
- Audience members are free to walk in and out of the auditorium as they need to.
- Audience members are welcome to bring sensory tools.
- Service dogs are also welcome, to ensure we allocate the most suitable seating in the auditorium please book directly through the box office on 056 7761674 or contact Sarah at email@example.com.
- We have put together a Preparation Journey Document which gives detail of what you can expect once you arrive at the Watergate.
- If you would like to speak to a member of the team about your booking or if you do need further information, you can contact Sarah at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the box office on 056 7761674 Wednesday to Saturday from 2 – 6pm.